Choose to join us in person or virtually!
Although we are now meeting in person for services and other events, you can still join us virtually through the miracles of modern technology! This page lists the many opportunities available to you and will be updated periodically as we develop new ways to connect.
- Although these will go out live at the normal worship times, they will also be archived on YouTube for a few hours, so you can watch them later in the day, if you wish.
- Holy Communion will be served, so get your supplies ready! Pastor Tyler recommends a cracker (or similar staple food product) and some kind of wine or juice (or other festive drink).
- Set up your home worship space with a cross, candle, plant, and dish of water. Make it as fancy as you like!
Note: If you are having trouble viewing our YouTube live-stream worship services, we have a low-tech option for you. You can call in from any telephone and listen to the service as it happens!
Social Activities throughout the week on Zoom
We miss you almost as much as you miss each other! Here are some opportunities to “hang out” virtually with your Mt Zion family. (Click on each link to jump to the Zoom meeting, then enter the password shown.)
- Book Club on the 4th Monday at 7pm (meeting ID 862-1576-4558, password 12012)
- Writer’s Circle on 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 7pm (meeting ID 829-2787-8248, password 12012)
- Brown Bag Bible Study on Wednesdays at noon (meeting ID 849-2489-7122, password 12012)
- Prayer Warriors on Wednesdays at 1pm (meeting ID 849-2489-7122, password 12012)
- Pub(lic) Theology happy hour on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 5pm selected locations in-person only. Check current Grace Notes or call for locations
- Women of Heart on Saturdays at 8:30am (meeting ID 849-6940-2756, password 12012)
- Or for a printable Zoom listing of all of our meetings, click here
Weekly, Pastor Tyler shares a 12-minute prayer service at 12:12pm on his personal Facebook page. This is interactive, so you can type your prayer requests into the comments, and Pastor Tyler will include them in his prayers. (If you watch the archived videos later, you can still type comments, but Pastor won’t see them until the next day.)
Don’t know how to use Zoom?
- If you want to use your mobile device, go to your app store, install “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” from your app store, start it up, and enter the 9-or-11-digit meeting ID, which you can find above or in this week’s Grace Notes. When prompted, enter the 5-or-6-digit password. (Zoom is free, and you can join someone else’s meeting without creating an account.)
- If you’re more comfortable with computers, click here: https://zoom.us. It will prompt you to download and install an app, or you can just join from your browser. The links above have the meeting ID embedded, so you just have to enter the 5-or-6-digit password when prompted.
- If you’d rather just use a telephone, call 1-312-626-6799. When it asks for your meeting ID, enter the 9-or-11-digit number from the Grace Notes and press #. Then when it asks for your participant ID, just press #. Then when it asks for the password, enter the 5-or-6-digit number from the Grace Notes and press #. (You won’t be able to see anybody, but you can hear everything, and press *6 when you want to talk.)
- Note: The meeting ID number may change from week-to-week, so check your email for the latest link from the Grace Notes. (Not getting emails? Contact Jess to get added to the email list!)
Committee Meetings, Staff Meetings, etc
The day-to-day work of the church is still very much needed, so all meetings will continue on the regular cycle, but they will use Zoom. Watch for an email from your committee chair with the link (meeting ID) for your meeting. Committee chairs, contact Jess or Pastor Tyler to set up a Zoom meeting.
Offerings and Donations
These are difficult times, and there is need in the community, so our mission is more important than ever, and your support is essential to keeping our ministries going. However, we understand that many people have lost their jobs or are experiencing other financial hardships, so if you are one of those people, don’t feel obligated to keep up with your regular giving. On the other hand, if you are fortunate enough to still have a regular paycheck or are blessed with the means to do so, please maintain or increase your offerings:
- If you usually put an offering envelope in the plate when it comes around on Sunday, please consider mailing your check to the church office. Better yet, use our convenient and safe online donation system! You can make a one-time donation with your credit card, and you don’t need to set up an account or anything. Just go to our Donation page, click the Donate button, and follow the on-screen instructions for a one-time donation. You can also set up a recurring online donation from this page.
- Don’t forget about Mission of the Month! This extra once-a-month donation goes directly to those with the most need.
Do you have questions?
Of course you do! This is difficult experience for all of us, and we’re figuring it out together. If we’ve missed something in this list, or if the instructions for any of the technology are unclear, contact Pastor Tyler, Jess, or Douglas for help.
Updated for summer 2021