No comments yet

Full-time job opportunity

Parish Administrator

Mt Zion is seeking a motivated individual to serve our congregation as a full-time Parish Administrator, ideally starting in March. This position is primarily responsible for all financial and timely matters involved in running the church, including

  • processing payroll and paying bills,
  • sending and answering emails,
  • communicating with external vendors and tenants,
  • publishing weekly newsletters and other messages to the congregation,
  • publishing weekly worship bulletins and slideshows,
  • maintaining building event calendar,
  • making weekly website updates,
  • recording member contributions,
  • maintaining file system and documenting workflow,
  • managing supply inventory,
  • attending weekly staff meetings, and
  • assisting as requested with financial audits, stewardship efforts, and leadership board meetings.

This position reports to the pastor and works closely with the volunteer Worship Volunteer Coordinator and Office Volunteer Coordinator (who are responsible for recruiting, training, and scheduling other church volunteers).

  • will have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills,
  • will have a heart for ministry with a compassionate and discreet demeanor,
  • will have 1-2 years of experience running an office,
  • will have knowledge of PC software tools such as Office, Excel, and PowerPoint (or confidence to learn new software, especially our ACS membership database tool),
  • will have knowledge of general office equipment (copier, postage meter, etc),
  • will have knowledge of financial, accounting, and payroll fundamentals, and
  • will successfully pass a background check.

Initial compensation for this full-time position will be $30,000/year (or higher for more experienced applicants) and will include health insurance, vacation, holidays, sick leave, parenting leave, and pension contributions. If interested, send cover letter and resume no later than March 6th to Rev Joshua Graber, who will provide additional paperwork. Or you can apply online.

Post a comment