Worship at Mt Zion looks different in 2020, but we are celebrating Christmas with old traditions done in new ways! Our building is closed due to COVID, which leaves outdoor activities (brrrrr) and virtual activities. But we have gotten better at doing both, so be sure to schedule your Christmas worship celebration with us!
Christmas Eve – Thursday, Dec 24
Carols and Communion LIVE at 4 pm in MZ parking lot
Bring the family, get into your car and join us at the Carols and Communion Service at 4 pm on Christmas Eve. We’ll all keep a safe distance, but still be able to get together to sing Christmas Carols and have Communion together. Here are some tips for attending:
- Enter Mt Zion parking lot at the 120th Street Entrance and follow directions to your parking space
- Communion will be distributed upon entering
- You may either choose to stay in your car with the windows open or bring chairs to put in front of your car.
- Wear masks. Please stay a safe distance from anyone outside of your family
- Bring blankets, warm clothing, boots, hats, scarves, gloves, mittens, warm beverages so your family can stay warm and comfortable
- The service will end with candle lighting. Our December wind would probably blow out regular candles, so be prepared with an alternative light – cellphone, flashlight, electric candle, lantern, etc.
Lessons and Carols on You-Tube at 8 pm
This service will be pre-recorded, but is airing on You-Tube and Zoom at 8 pm. It will remain posted on our You-Tube channel all weekend, so you may watch at any time. To listen to the service on your phone (at 8:00 pm only), dial Zoom at 312-626-6799. Meeting ID 885 2284 0713 / Passcode 12012.
Join as the congregation participates in readings, music and prayer. This service will include a Christmas sermon and Children’s Sermon, but not Communion.
Christmas Has a Heart – Month of December
An Alternative Christmas Market. Do you want your Christmas celebration to include gifts that bring service, hope and love to our neighbors in the Milwaukee Metropolitan area? Consider participating in Christmas Has a Heart 2020. It will be different this year since there can’t be a physical market space. Instead, the Shopping List for our guest organizations is available here.
Part of the excitement of Christmas Has a Heart is the opportunity to meet the people actually involved in the mission, and we don’t want you to miss that. Each organization will share a short video to be shown during worship in December and posted on our You-Tube channel so you can “meet” some of the people involved and hear directly from Kids Matter, MICAH, Outreach for Hope, Project Return, Reformation Lutheran Church, and Tosa Cares.
The Mt Zion Outreach Ministry Team
HOW TO DONATE
1. Donate online.
2. Mail donation directly to organization(s).
3. Send donation(s) through Mt Zion. Include donation designations.
Sponsored by the Outreach Ministry Team of Mt Zion Lutheran Church
Live Nativity – Friday, Dec 11 5-7 pm
For details, see Live Nativity blog
Christmas party – Friday, Dec 18 6:30 -8 pm
On Zoom: Meeting id: 826 8100 4821 Passcode: 12012
If using phone, call 312.626.6799
Join with our church family in a Christmas zoom call and have a great time catching up with people you may not have seen for a while.
Sunday School Christmas Pageant
Sunday, Dec 20 at 8:30 and 10:45 a during worship
The December 20 services will include a pre-recorded Christmas pageant presented by the Sunday School children. The children and parents and staff worked hard to put together their version of what Christmas means. Join them as they read us “Little Star” by Anthony DeStefano.