Noon to 2 pm
Kick-off Fest will celebrate the beginning of the fall season at Mt Zion. The kids will be back to school, the services on Sunday mornings will go back to their regular times, 8:30 and 10:45, and Sunday School will be starting at 9:30, plus, the Packers will be playing their first game of the season that day. How can you and your family do all that in one day?
We have a new take on the traditional ideas of a church picnic and rally day!
The morning will start at 8:30 am with our traditional first service. The choir, Voices of Zion, will provide music. Sunday School Rally Day will be at 9:30, with special activities for children (of all ages) and a glimpse into next year’s Sunday School curriculum. For Rally Day this year, in honor of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, Martin and Katie Luther will be there to meet us. There are always exciting things to do on Rally Day! At 10:45 the contemporary second service will resume with new contemporary music leader.
Picnic the easy way!
How about a picnic that you don’t have to bring a dish to pass (hot food and cold drinks will be available for sale), great musical entertainment, bounce houses for the kids, and other surprises. And you’ll be done in time to watch the Packers play at 3:25!
- Featuring the Jackson Park Jazz Orchestra
- Beer from 3rd Space Brewing
- Hot food and cold beverages available
- TWO Bounce Houses for the kids!! Lots of fun and chance to catch up with friends, and to meet new people.
- The event is open to everyone and is a great opportunity to invite friends to Come and See Mt Zion and all that is going on in this church.
As always, volunteers to help with set-up and take-down and help at the event area always needed. If you are interested, contact Douglas Johnson.